Office of Career Services
We are gearing up for a full calendar of events to help you get career ready, pivot and grow your career, as well as connect you to employers.
The events you would normally experience are all here but reimagined for the virtual context - career fairs, information sessions, mock interviews, career coaching. In general, you can expect all employer events to be virtual; career coaching will be available primarily virtually, although we are working on a plan for offering some face-to-face coaching opportunities as well. If you need a quiet, professional space to conduct a virtual interview, we have interview rooms at the ready, too.
We also have some inventive new offerings in the works, taking advantage of the flexibility the virtual context offers. Stay tuned for more about new virtual networking events - like Employer Power Hours, Ask Me Anything Sessions, and Alumni Cyber Cafe.
Here’s how you can stay abreast of all that is happening:
- HireSmith is the hub for all career services activities - whether coaching appointments or employer events. Please check frequently as it is regularly updated.
- Look for your weekly #SmithHired virtual OCS newsletter for highlights including student success stories, events within and beyond Smith, and hot job opportunities.
Faculty Office Hours
Professors will be offering a variety of ways to connect this semester. Contact your individual instructor for information about their office hours.
Study Spaces and Collaboration Spaces
- If you need a quiet study space between face-to-face classes, the following classrooms have been reserved for student use. Please follow posted signs for maximum occupancy.
- VMH 1202, VMH 1206, VMH 1505, VMH 1520
- The Undergraduate Lounge is open. Please maintain 6 feet of distance from others when using this space. Club rooms are open; please follow posted signs for maximum occupancy.
- Case rooms are open; please follow posted signs for maximum occupancy.
- Limited seating is available in Pownall Atrium, the Photo Gallery, and on the third floor. Please maintain distancing when using these spaces.
Undergraduate clubs currently plan to offer events virtually this semester. Learn more about Smith Undergraduate Student Association clubs and activities.
Graduate student clubs:
Please check back for Rudy's hours.
VMH 1572 is the only computing lab open in spring 2020.
WEPA printing stations will be touchless only. Please download the mobile app to use the WEPA printing stations.