Saturday, November 12, 2022
6 to 8 p.m.
The Hotel at the University of Maryland
Optional Student/Alumni Networking Brunch
Sunday, November 13, 2022
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration for the celebration will open in September 2022. To ensure that QUEST has your most up-to-date email address for the invitation, reach out to QUEST Assistant Director Jessica Roffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in staying in College Park for the celebration weekend? Book a room at The Hotel at the University of Maryland, located right across from campus.
Follow us on social media as we countdown to the celebration by highlighting 30 of the incredible alumni who have made our program so special. Each Wednesday, we will feature someone new who has made an impact on QUEST and beyond.
Whether or not you can make it to the event, we hope you will utilize our 30th Anniversary Networking website to see what fellow alumni are up to, sort by expertise, college, and/or cohort, and connect virtually.
QUEST, formerly the IBM-Total Quality Program, started in 1992 after winning a $1 million grant from IBM. Ten universities won the grant, but QUEST is the only program still in existence today. Take a look back at our 30-year history:
- Original grant proposal (1992)
- Flyer to announce first applications to the program (1993)
- Cohort 1 orientation schedule (1993)
- Original 190H syllabus (1993)
- QUEST camp/orientation video (1996)
- Featured in Baltimore Sun story about cohort 1's graduation (1996)
- IBM-TQ program promo video (1997)
- Program renamed QUEST (Quality Enhancement Systems and Teams) (1998)
- Electives added to curriculum (1999)
- College of Computer, Mathematical, and Physical Sciences added (now CMNS) (2001)
- First conference for 490H capstone projects held (2005)
- First QUESTPress sent (2009)
- QUEST goes to Tunisia for first-ever study abroad (2010)
- QUEST begins admitting two cohorts per year (2013)
- QUEST Lab moves to first floor of Van Munching Hall (2014)
- First QUEST to Silicon Valley trip (2015)
- First QUEST corporate networking event (2015)
- Featured in Baltimore Sun story on strengthening degrees for job success (2018)
- Data course added to required curriculum (2019)
- Featured in Baltimore Sun story on experiential learning during the pandemic (2021)
- QUEST celebrates 30 years (2022)