Your Career

Job Market Candidates


Job Market Paper Title

Area of Specialization


Shubham Akshat

Does Broader Sharing Improve Patient Outcomes? An Analysis of The Share 35 Liver Allocation Policy

Operations Management/Management Science

S. Raghu Raghavan

Bryan (Bingkuan) Cao

The Information in Portfolio Holdings and Investors’ Capital Allocations


Russell Wermers

Huan Cao

Rider Behavior and Efficiency of Dockless Bike Sharing Systems

Operations Management/Management Science

Tunay I. Tunca

Rujiao (Helene) Cao

Physical Barriers Make Psychological Barriers Stronger: The Joint Impact of Physical and Authentic Climate on Knowledge Sharing and Voice Behavior

Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management

Subrahmaniam Tangirala, Relli Derfler-Rozin

Ziwei Cao

Lower Price or Better Service? Understanding the Role of Promotions in a Two-Sided Market

Operations Management/Management Science

Michael O. Ball, P.K. Kannan

Mo Chen

The Microfoundations of Innovation in Complex Ecosystems: Evidence from Linux Kernel

Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship

David Waguespack, Todd Zenger

Sylvain Delalay

Strategic Intangible Investment: The Case of Campaign Finance


Vojislav Maksimovic
Shrihari Santosh

Najoung Lim

Seamless Experiences: Firms' Product Diversification in Response to Platform-enabled Modularity-in-use

Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship

Rajshree Agarwal

Laurel Celastine Mazur

Are the Voices of Small Customers Louder When They Are Seen? Evidence from CFPB Complaints

Accounting and Information Assurance

Rebecca Hann

Hyosoo (Kevin) Park

Delivery Platforms: Do They Deliver Results?

Supply Chain Management

Martin Dresner

Ariel Rava

Beyond Risk: Voluntary Disclosure Under Ambiguity

Accounting and Information Assurance

Emanuel Zur

Wei Zhou

Position Accumulation and Unwinding in Strategic Trading


Pete Kyle
Mark Loewenstein


Over the past five years, approximately 80 percent of Smith School PhD graduates accepted positions as tenure-track assistant professors at an accredited university directly upon graduation, and 19 percent accepted research-related positions in either private or governmental organizations. In other words, approximately 99 percent of our PhD students have been successfully placed directly upon graduation.

May/August 2021 Graduates

Name Area of Specialization Placement Position
Nicolais Chighizola Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management The United States Air Force Vice Dean
Jin Kyung Choi Accounting & Information Assurance City University of Hong Kong Assistant Professor
Anthony Gibbs Strategic Management George Washington University Visiting Assistant Professor
Laharsish Guntuka Supply Chain Management Rochester Institute of Technology Assistant Professor
Cody Hyman Accounting & Information Assurance Bentley University Assistant Professor
Seojin Kim Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship University of Maryland Postdoctoral fellowship
You Jeung (Nicole) Kim Marketing Hong Kong Polytechnic University Assistant Professor
Benjamin King Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship University of Illinois Postdoctoral fellowship
Shuaiqi Li Finance London School of Economics Postdoctoral fellowship
Mikhail Lysyakov Information Systems University of Rochester Assistant Professor
Daehoon Noh Operations Management/Management Science University of California, San Diego Postdoctoral fellowship
Liyue Yan Strategic Management Norwegian Business School (BI Norway) Assistant Professor
Viktoriya Zotova Accounting & Information Assurance Georgetown University Visiting Assistant Professor

For more placement information, please visit Areas of Specializations.

Back to Top