Maryland Advantage is an incentive that helps all business master’s degree applicants with an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in the U.S. have a simpler admissions process. If admitted into a program, a financial award and other benefits are also available.
- A scholarship award
- A GMAT/GRE waiver
- Priority admissions decision
- A career coaching session
All incentives listed above - with the exception of the GMAT/GRE waiver - are guaranteed to all Maryland Advantage applicants. Applicants seeking a GMAT/GRE waiver through Maryland Advantage must meet the additional criteria outlined below.
Download the Maryland Advantage Fact Sheet
Download the accessible text version of the fact sheet.
Obtaining a GMAT/GRE Waiver
If the degree program you are applying to requires GMAT/GRE test scores and you are seeking a waiver through Maryland Advantage, you must be an applicant who has completed their undergraduate and/or graduate degree in the U.S. and also meets the following criteria:
- Earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Earned grades of B or better in statistics and/or other mathematical coursework, depending on whether your program requires a strong quantitative background
Receiving a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee admission into the program.
How to Participate in Maryland Advantage
If you are interested:
- Begin an application.
- Complete the Demographics, Educational Intent and Previous Education tabs on the left side of the application.
- Upload your transcripts in the Previous Education tab.
- Click on the Business School Questions tab and complete the Maryland Advantage section.
- Maryland Smith will notify you of your approval status within 14 business days.